Early December Drug Store Empties

21:05


I'm a bit of a beauty product junkie, so if I actually make it to the end of a product and I'm shaking it try and get the last bits out rather than losing interest half way through - it generally means I think it's quite good. Hell, if it's serious I might even repurchase the SAME thing. (This almost never happens.)
But in this month's empties there are at least TWO things I will definitely be going back for more of.

1. L'Oreal Elnett Satin Very Volume
There are a ridiculous amount of different varieties of strengths/volume levels within the L'Oreal Elnett hairspray range. I picked this one because it's pink and it says 'Supreme Hold' on the can. Clearly not an informed decision. But this is one of my favourite hairsprays I've bought in a long time. When sprayed into the roots it does actually give some lasting volume without making my hair crunchy. It also brushes out really easily - which is great when you want to avoid washing your hair for as long as possible. Which brings me on nicely to my next empty bottle...

2. VO5 Plump Me Up Dry Shampoo
Now VO5 might currently have the most irritating beauty advertising campaign conceived in recent history. "Just living in my retro world..." VOM.
But nevertheless, they've come up with a decent dry shampoo. I don't always get on well with dry shampoos because they leave tell-tale white marks in my hair which is not the desired look. (Unless it's Halloween, when the dusty Batiste dry shampoo perfected my zombie hair.) But this VO5 stuff smells AMAZING and it actually goes on clear. 'Nuff said.

3. Max Factor Eye Brightening Mascara For Brown Eyes
This mascara is supposed to illuminate your eyes with tiny reflective coloured particles that compliment your natural eye colour. Or some shizz. I don't know about that but I've used this WHOLE THING of mascara. Mainly because I like the fuss-free plastic wand that gives my eyes a wide-open look. Also it's a good go-to day mascara because it doesn't ever look overdone, but if you look real close you can see those teeny tiny pieces of light reflecting glitter stuff. Nice.

4. L'Oreal Lumi Magique Touch Of Light - Highlighting Pen
I never get enough sleep. Mainly because I need at least 12 hours to feel properly rested. You know? So in the morning I usually dab a bit of MAC Select Cover-Up under my eyes first to get rid of the worst of my dark circles situ. But this can be a bit heavy. So I sweep some of this highlighting pen over the top. It reflects the light well and makes me look a LOT more awake at 8.45am than I ever could without it.

So there it is. I will be repurchasing the VO5 dry shampoo and Max Factor mascara for sure. I'll probably try different hairsprays and highlighting pens because I'm fickle like that.

You Might Also Like

0 comments